The GMB Southern region has a special arrangement with the Tax Refund Company to find out if you’re due a tax refund. If you’ve been employed at any time during that last 6 years and haven’t checked whether you are owed a refund, here’s your chance.
The main points to consider are as follows:
- 97% of applicants do not expect to get a refund when they fill in the claim form as they assume their employer has deducted the correct amount of tax!
- Nearly 1 in 3 members using the service receives a tax refund
- Unless you receive a refund, it’s ENTIRELY FREE OF CHARGE
- ONLY if you receive a refund, will a fee of 41p (inclusive of 20% vat) in the pound be deducted from your refund
- In the VERY RARE case The Tax Refund Company finds an underpayment, only you will be informed. However, they will (if requested) work FREE OF CHARGE, to help reduce the amount you should pay back. In many cases, they’ve managed to get the Revenue to cancel underpayments entirely!
To see if you’re due a refund click here where you will be able to apply online, or print off a copy of the Tax Rebate Application Form.
For further details on the service call the application advice line on 0161 968 7388
Remember, you have absolutely nothing to lose!