The GMB would like to update you on the current position regarding pay. Following discussions BA have presented the GMB with the summary of their ‘final position’ I am including details of that position below.
Your senior GMB reps have now met to discuss the offer and will be RECOMMENDING ACCEPTANCE. The GMB will be going out to ballot on the offer the week beginning 8th July and our ballot will remain open for 3 weeks.
The GMB want to make it very clear that the 3 year deal 2019 – 2021 covers A Scale, ENF and Contact Centres employees only.
ONLY Years 2020 and 2021 have been offered to HCS2012 and GCS2014, these groups have already received a pay award for 2019. Therefore BA are not offering the 2019 non consolidated payment to these groups.
The pay ‘offer’ covers both contractual (pay) and non contractual elements (ACB and lounge eligibility).
In summary the offer is:
- 2019: 4% on base pay and ancillary items with a £700 underpin.
- 2020: 3.5% with an underpin of £650 or RPI capped at 3.5% whichever is greater.
- 2021: 4% with an underpin of £700 from 1st April and or 3 months post the original pay anniversary date
(whichever is later).
- 2022: pay anniversary dates will revert back to original date.
- A one off non consolidated payment of 1% of base salary as at 31st December 2018 with an underpin of £750 payable in 2019.
The introduction of a Gain Share opportunity. BA says: “Each NSP will work positively with their local business area to explore delivery of the changes required to progress our business…A gain share opportunity will be introduced to give colleagues the potential to benefit from specific changes over and above the business plan…in the form of a non consolidated award”
• The ACB Scheme will remain in place and has been improved for 2019, 2020 and 2021 (subject to a £400 underpin at target). Compared with 2019, where the scheme, if triggered, will pay between 1% and 4% of base pay, the ACB Scheme in 2020 and 2021 will provide the potential to pay an additional 1% bonus above the 2019 scheme values at target or above.
• To recognise 30 years of service (anyone who has already achieved 30 years plus those reaching their 30 year anniversary in 2019, 2020 or 2021) will receive two ‘Silver’ vouchers entitling the colleague and one guest access to a UK BA lounge on two journeys or alternatively can be used together to give access to the colleague and 3 guests for one journey.
For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that the Company, through the 2019-2021 pay negotiations, agrees for other work groups an uplift to basic pay, associated ancillary items, non-consolidated payments or any additional payments that are in excess of the specified awards within this agreement, the additional uplifts will be applied to all relevant groups, covered by this agreement.
This does not preclude BA, at its discretion, making necessary market rate uplifts or adjustments for the following areas: Mixed Fleet, HCS2012, GCS2014, UK Customer Contact 2014 and LGW2010.
We look forward to meeting you over the coming weeks to discuss the offer in more detail.
National Officer, GMB Union
Pay Ballot starts: 11th July 2019
Ends: 12 Noon 30th July 2019